Luc Mampaey holds a PhD in Economics (University of Versailles Saint-Quentin, France), M.Eng. in Business (HEC St. Louis), and also holds a DES in Environmental Management (ULB / IGEAT).
He joined GRIP in 1994, and served successively as a researcher, project manager, and deputy-director before being appointed director of GRIP in May 2012. He has published numerous papers and articles and contributed to several books on the evolution of the defence industry in the United States and in the European Union and more generally on issues related to defence economics. He coordinates GRIP's research on arms production and restructuring and governance in the arms industry.
Prior to joining GRIP, Luc Mampaey was NCO in the Belgian Armed Forces (1975-1983) and held various positions in TEAMCO SA, a private company in the aerospace sector (1983-1993).
Publications au GRIP
- Herstal : le piège de la privatisation (15 January 2016)
- COP 21, ENMOD et le 6 novembre : la paix et la guerre pour enjeux (05 November 2015)
- Remember your humanity, and forget the rest (09 July 2015)
- Study on the implementation of Directive 200943EC on transfers of defence-related products (15 August 2014)
- Le pacifisme à l’heure du désarmement nucléaire : pièges et enjeux (09 August 2014)
- Répertoire des entreprises du secteur de l’armement en Belgique (18 April 2014)
- Dépenses militaires, production et transferts d'armes - Compendium 2014 (16 April 2014)
- Pacifism: History, Successes and Perspectives (21 January 2014)
- Dépenses militaires, production et transferts d’armes - Compendium 2013 (19 June 2013)
- Terres rares : ombre chinoise sur notre "économie verte" (20 September 2012)